The TV show "Ettermiddagen" av the Norwegian channel TV2 have invited Nordic Garrison as guests in their show, and we'll be there today! We will appear early in the show, some time after 17.30. Tom Egeland, a Norwegian writer that was statist in Empire Strikes Back, will also be there.
Some pics of my old bikerscout belt and how I assembled it:
I used nylon webbing for the belt, and cotton webbing for the belt box straps. The nylon belt webbing runs all the way behind the plastic, which makes it easier to quickly fix it with gaffer tape if the rivet loosens. ;)
I fastened the cotton webbing to the nylon webbing using heavy duty snaps that are also my way of fastening the thermal detonator. The two pieces of webbing are not snapped together, but rather hammered together inside the one side of the snap. The other part of the snap is on my detonator.
I used Norwegian 1 krone coins as washers. Had to cut them a bit though. They are the best washers, nice and thick, and pretty as well!
I turn 30 on tuesday, and we celebrated with friends this weekend. I got lots of cool presents, and from my husband I got the Master Replicas Princess Leia blaster! Limited edition too. :)
It's beautiful, and I can't wait to carry it around in my upcoming Leia costume!
Thank you so much, Ole! :D
Since Aurra's fingers aren't skin coloured with blood on, I had to remove the red paint and add some white.
First I removed the red paint. I dipped the fingers in acetone and whiped off the paint. When I had got the most of it off, I used a toothbrush dipped in acetone and brushed away the paint that were left in the wrinkles and follicles.
Then I used airbrush and matte white paint and misted the fingers so that the skin coloured rubber is slightly shining through like my skin will do on the hands.
Last, I finished the nails with humbrol #21, black gloss. Always wanted to do nails with humbrol!
I've been looking for finger extentions for Aurra for a long time, but never found anything good enough. Today, I was visiting a costume & party shop, and they had some bloody hands for sale. They looked pretty good, so I gave them a try. The guy who sold them told me they were solid, but it turned out they were not! Happy! :D
I cut off the fingers to see if they were usable, and here's the result so far! They obviously need paint and lots of makeup around the seams, but I think it'll work!