torsdag 25. februar 2010

Easy removeable sound system, all in one helmet!

Me and TK-7060 have done a spring cleaning in our helmets! All of the sound system in my helmet was tucked in with gaffer tape, and it was a pain combined with long hair, loose batteries, wires and all the other mess.

To make the set up with ROM/fX and troopercom a little more snug, I made tubes of lycra with velcro on the back and a zipper in the front. Inside the tube, I just tucked all the boards, wires, batteries and chaos. Then I put a line of velcro inside the tubes in my helmet.

Two tubes with ROM/FX, troopercom, batteries and wires. One open, one closed.

Just connect the mini-jacks to the speakers, microphone and magnet switch in the helmet.

Tada! Tuck the tube inside the helmet, and you're good to go!

tirsdag 23. februar 2010

Thermal detonator done!

The thermal detonator for my Boushh costume is finally done! I used rub'n'buff to get it shiny, and then I added Tamiya sand coloured weathering. The weathering doesn't show much on the pics, though. I really like the design of this one, as it lights up and blinks when I pull the safety button.

Progress on the Webley

During the armour party we had at our place this weekend, I got to work a bit on my blaster.

The scope mounts, before and after replacing the resin screws with real ones.

The stock

The other side of the stock

The barrel

The Webley stamp, I just couldn't glue the greeble on top of it.

The scope parts

The trigger, made moveable

The trigger

The rest of the parts

The blaster roughly put together