I got my elite status the day before christmas! It's so nice to finally be there, all the required stuff are done. Now I can enjoy just doing the mods I like for my armour to be better and more comfy. :)
My TK is now approved by the 501st, and I have started on a new project, Boba Fett. There is still much modding to be done at my TK, but it's kind of refreshing to start on something new as well!
I'm going to make a Return of the Jedi version of Boba Fett, as seen here:
Though, my favourite Boba is actually the pre production version 2, but that is unfortunately never seen in the movies. It's been said that this is the version that was supposed to be used in Empire Strikes Back, and I personally think it looks better than the one they used. It's awesome with it's multicoloured armour parts, blue flightsuit and green cape. I'd love to do this Boba sometime, but for now I will concentrate on those costumes actually seen in the movies. But take a look at this beauty!
My resin kit from Doopydoos is now glued to my Hasbro blaster! I had to do some dremeling to get the magazine to fit, I guess I have an old resin kit because the other kit we have in the house is quite different. Well, eventually it fitted! I added the D-ring and t-tracks for TK elite-standard, so my blaster should be ready for approval as soon as I get it painted.
My blaster holster is ready for trooping! Yay! It's made out of black leather that I've sewed by hand. I've used rivets and snaps for the details. It's made to fit my Hasbro blaster, and is attached to the belt ANH-style with two snaps hidden behind screen accurate rivets.
I've started to sew the elastic bands to my shoes, and it's looking good! Phew! The process takes time, I hope I can get this done in time for the next event. The problem is that my fingers are getting tired after a few minutes of sewing leather! Well, time will show. At least mine smell better than the caboots! :D
I'll add one more coat of paint after the seam is done, just to cover the black that is showing through the seam.
AP shins are funny. They seem so nice and easy, and when you try to put them together you're soon dragged down to earth again. I feel like the whole "try to fit AP shins"-thing is like a whole afternoon with twist and shout. Mostly shouting for a long time before you finally see that you have to twist. I really hope the glue is strong enough. ;)
My right shin, behaving like it should.
My left shin, a different chapter in the book... It wont fit and you have to twist it to make it work if you're not going to cut away some of the upper edge, which doesn't look good.
I'm making a holster for my hasbro blaster, and thought I'd share some pics of it. It still needs a couple more buttons, a seam on the right side and some pop rivets. They are added on the pic, but I have to get some rings to add on the back side before I can pop them on. :)
Still some stuff to do :)
The holster with the blaster in it (well, my lbf's blaster that is) :)
Yay! Finally! I've been afraid of doing this for some time now, and now it's done! I used a dremel and some different needle files for this, and some sanding for a smooth finish. I painted it with Humbrol glossy grey #5. :)
I have started to glue strips to my armour parts, and the first one is done. This will take some time, as I don't have enough clamps and magnets to do them all at the same time. But there's enough to do, I still have to model the return edges on most of my parts as well. :)
I've started working on my helmet! The decals on the back piece of the helmet are done, and the eyes are cut and polished. I have yet to find courage to cut the frown, that is one scary area to play in!
Now I have to start thinking of how to fasten my lenses! There's really no place to put the glue, as the edge on the inside of the eyes is very thin. Advice is welcome! :)
The front, I think the eyes look quite good now :)
Decals and brow trim
The back decals were too big, so I had to cut them and paint them a bit. I'm happy about how they look now!
I have cut out and polished the belt buttons, they are now ready to glue onto the belt. I have also done some modifications to the ab button plate, so that I can use my duckies buttons there as well. I have glued some of the buttons onto the ab plate, and I think it looks quite good. :)
I am painting my buttons and my detonator, and they're starting to look good. I'm using Humbrol glossy #5 grey and #15 midnight blue. I found the buttons at a local yarnstore, they're so cute with ducks on them. Pity they have to be painted! ;)
The buttons before painting them, cute little duckies :D
Here are some of my pieces. Almost every part is ready for glue, except a leg and a thigh. The torso pieces are already velcroed, but they keep popping open when I move. I'd love some advice on that issue! :)